Mach1 Max Speed Kit - Stock 90cc/100cc Apex
This custom assembled kit works great on stock DRR and Apex ATVs. In fact it works the best on the Apex brand due to the low rpm engine/exhaust combination.
This kit provides a larger cvt shift ratio with a longer belt and over range front pulley all while using your stock rear pulley.
- Malossi Over Range Variator
- 2 Packs of Ove Range Rollers
- Malossi Over Range Belt
- 2 Mach1 Over Range Torque Springs
- High Stall Clutch Shoe Springs
- To install the wider range variator on Minarelli and Yamaha engines, you have to remove all of the components of the electrical starting system located inside the drive casing
(Fig. 11 - 12).
- Remove the steel ring (9) from the crankcase (Fig. 13).
- AND possibly 2mm of the case (SEE #10)-- OPTIONAL, making sure that the variator’s ramp back plate does not interfere/make contact with the crankcase (Fig. 14).
- Fit the cursors (3) on the cover (2) observing the installation diagram of the variator, making sure you insert it up to its stop point.
- Position the rollers (4) on the mobile split pulley (5).
- Fit the cover (2) with cursors above the mobile split pulley with rollers.
- Replace the original spacer with the Malossi one (1) inserted into the kit and insert it on the crankshaft (Fig. 15).
- Fit the hub (6) in the mobile split pulley and carefully insert the entire unit on the crankshaft, making sure that the rollers do not come
out of their tracks.
- Install the entire variator unit up to its stop point (Fig. 16), and locate the belt on the hub. Fit the fixed split pulley (8) supplied with the
kit, the kick start engagement washer and the washer.
- Insert the tightening nut and screw it down with your fi ngers.
- Loosen the belt, tighten it a mid-point, making sure that when the crankshaft nut is tightened, the timing belt is not tightened between
the pulleys, thus de-synchronising pack closure of the entire variator unit.
- Tighten the nut securing the variator on the crankshaft, using the torque recommended by the engine manufacturer
**** THE KICKSTART ENGAGEMENT WASHER WILL BARELY GRAB THE SPLINES OF THE CRANK - BE CAREFUL NOT TO IMPACT ON IF NOT LINED UP CORRECTLY ****
**** ELECTRIC START BOSS/COLLAR MUST BE REMOVED ***
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their specification and packaging. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes. The store assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.